Tuesday, July 1, 2008

feeling blue

We went to this temple the other day. It's in Thrissur, which is one town where all three of the projects we're working on happen to be opperating. The temple is dedicated to Shiva, whose Cosmic Dance shakes the Universe. This is a big temple, and is the center of celebrations during a holiday called Pooram, which does not involve drinking.


Don't ask me what the place looks like on the inside. They wouldn't let me in on account of my not being a Hindu. I don't know how they knew that I wasn't a Hindu. At first I thought it was old fashioned racism, but then I remembered that Lord Shiva himself is blue:


...so I don't know, but I had to wait at the gate while Shachi and Ashika walked around inside.



I was really sad about it at first, but then I met some other untouchables who were really nice, so it was ok.

No comments: